As we face life’s inevitable challenges, keeping our immune system strong for our overall well-being is essential. No matter the season, there are straightforward things we can do to stay healthy and avoid getting sick. Check out these tips to boost your immunity.
1. Prioritize Your Zzz's Ensure your immune system is in top shape by getting enough sleep. Aim for seven to eight hours of rest each night, and follow our helpful sleep tips here.
2. Hydrate Your Body In the dry months, it's essential to keep your body hydrated. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water daily. Consider cutting back on alcohol and caffeine, as an excess of either can dehydrate your body.
3. Stay Active Though the days may be shorter, staying active is crucial. If your health allows, aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise daily, such as walking, swimming, or yoga. Exercise boosts the production of white blood cells, guarding your body against diseases. So, get moving today!
4. Fuel Your Body Incorporate immune-boosting foods into your diet, such as oranges, peppers, and broccoli, which are rich in vitamin C. Steer clear of deep-fried or processed foods high in sugar and fat. Opt for vibrant-colored fruits and vegetables like blueberries and pomegranates instead.
5. Wash Your Hands It might sound obvious, but always wash your hands after using the bathroom and before eating. Use warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds. Additionally, avoid touching your face to prevent the spread of germs to your mouth.